Award-Winning Long Beach Courthouse Project Receives International Honor
Adding to a long list of awards and recognitions, the Governor George Deukmejian Courthouse in Long Beach, CA recently received the 2014 Urban Land Institute (ULI) Global Awards for Excellence for "an environmentally friendly, public building delivered through an innovative public-private partnership." Clark Construction Group and affiliate, Edgemoor Infrastructure & Real Estate, were part of the integrated team that provided design, construction, financing, operation, and maintenance services for this highly successful project. The courthouse is the first social infrastructure project in the United States procured under the principles of Performance-Based Infrastructure (PBI) contracting. The five-story, 544,000 square foot courthouse building houses 31 courtrooms, court administration offices, Los Angeles County lease space, and commercial and retail leasable space.
The quality of the building, our team's ability to deliver the project on budget and on schedule, the cohesive partnership within our team and with the client, as well as our innovative project approach has garnered additional accolades, including:
- ENR, 2014 Global Best Project Award, Government Building
- ENR Best Regional Projects of 2014 Award - Civic
- 2014 AGC California Constructor's Award for Excellence in Project Management
- 2014 DBIA WPR Regional Design Build Award
- 2014 DBIA National Award of Merit for Civic Buildings
- 2014 DBIA National Award of Excellence in Design
- 2014 P3 International Award for Best Operational Project
- 2014 P3 International Award for Best Designed Project2014 CMAA Project Achievement Award
- 2014 LA Business Journal Real Estate Public Project of the Year
- 2013 Merit Award, AIA Committee on Architecture for Justice, Justice Facilities Review
- 2011 Bond Buyer Alternative Finance Project of the Year
Click here for a link to the ULI awards press release.